DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

For this assignment we will focus on your dog running towards you.

I've provided the guideline in pdf form as it doesn't clutter up the top of every page in the discussion. I know we would all rather see pictures!

I've tried to make it as simple as possible. There are things I recommend doing and not doing, but please note that I am trying to make it as easy as possible to get your dog in focus.

Please read the pdf attached. Let me know if you see anything that needs to be explained better or added to make this as user friendly as possible.

Also please state your camera settings with each photo: ISO, shutterspeed, aperture, and focal length.

And happy shooting!

action.pdf

Views: 1526

Replies to This Discussion

You nailed these, Ms. Engineer.  I adored the middle image in particular.

thanks DJ, I'm partial to the middle one also.

I love these!! I've used a 70-200 2.8 before, such a beautiful lens! I need stronger arm muscles to wield it though. :-)

Don't you have the 200 lens 2.8? How is that with action shots. I got it, but have not tried it for action.

Yep, that is what I shot mine on the previous page with. It's lighter and much cheaper, but doesn't have IS, or the zoom capability obviously. I still LOVE it - it's my favorite lens. Great bokeh, fast focusing, just lovely. I manage without IS but only because I shoot wide open and in the daytime. 

I was just reading somewhere where someone stated to turn off the IS for action shots. How do you like this for a vague statement? Actually, I found this...you probably already know all this :)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/tips-and-solutions...

I was curious about this too. My research of many articles let me to conclude it seldom makes a huge difference at very fast speeds. You may save on battery power, but that is seldom an issue for me. I just leave it on because it helps more than it hurts.

Thanks! I have the 200 mm lens that does not have the IS. I need to get it out and practice. 

It is heavy. But that and my 24-70 are used in 95% ofd my photos. I keep trying to use my prime lenses but these focus really fast and the image quality is amazing.

I have a high success rate with this lens for action shots--sharp and fast focusing.  

Great shots, Nancy! You have such a beautiful spot for your dog running at you shots!!

Thanks. I prefer her dry look. A friend says she looks possessed in some of her beach photos.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2018   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service