I've noticed that there are a lot of questions about ShepaDoodles.
Since the community of ShepaDoodle owners is small still I wanted to share this for future Googlers.
- Q- I have never heard of Brinkleys breed.
A- ShepaDoodles also sometimes called German Doodles is a Doodle hybrid of German Shepherd with Standard Poodle. & are
- Q- When did they start Poodle Shepherds together?
A-I have not seen the answer to that other than like many other times the point was to take your favorite breed & make them more Hypo allergenic.
- Q- SheepaDoodle? ShepaDoodle?
A-Though the names are very close they are very different SheepaDoodle is an English SHEEP Dog, think sheep two ee's.
- Q- Looks-
A-Shepadoodles are robust, supple, elongated, muscular, and dignified in appearance
Some wonder if the mix an oddity the GS being such a strong looking dog, some have said they thought they would look too GS but all the ones I've seen ,look all Doodle with the spark of a GS.
- Q Coat-
A-The Doodle look is strong with fluffy coats that are very dense & fleecy. Needing grooming daily to every other day.
- Colorers are based on parentage:
The Muzzle often has a silver tone & sharper shape of the GS making a very intelligent focused almost serious look at times.
- Q-Hypo Allergenic-
A-Though most doodles unless f1b cannot guarantee being so, the ShepaDoodles seem to have a significant percentage of being so, even the ones that shed some what, the dander nor the hair seems to bother those with allergies.
A-This was my question straight out when I first heard about these guys. The ears stay down MOST of the time ;) The ears are like a shorter labs ears laying against the head & lamb soft. They tend to inherit the poodle hairy ears & need tweezing & cleaning.
- Size-22-26 inches tall and around 85-95 pounds when fully grown.
- Q- Personality -
A-With two highly intelligent parentage genes. Shepadoodles are very intelligent and obedient.
They require thourough discipline and early training.
- Shepadoodles are loyal, faithful, versatile, calm, fearless, courageous, self-confident, reliable, protective, responsive, alert.- They are super friendly Doodle personality with a bit of kick from the GS side. Under the right hands they have the ability to be trained for protection.
These dogs are very smart,quick & need stimulation of the mind with games etc. The Con is they will make their own games up 0.o!
- Note- though a lovely Doodle personalty the GS in them requires you are a strong leader pro-active training only, the Poodle in them requires you don't go too far with heavy-handed training.
My Opinion- F1- is German Shepherd to Poodle ( 1 st Gen). Some breed them back into poodle making them F1b, I personally think breeding a F1 back into a poodle is a disservice to the breed mix.
My Brinkley at 2 months old with a bad grooming experience.
Other Fine Examples Including different colors:
"Captain Jack" From McCumberHaus kennels: