DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

A continuous discussion on shooting birds.  How to capture motion. Rare birds. Every day birds. Just pretty birds.  What ever you have, place it here.  If you can, please give us your settings.

And if you don't want to take pictures of birds, here is a blog by Laurie on Flipping Birds

Views: 12811

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

The Great White is stunning! Wonderful--the other photos are great too . . .

Yup.

I almost didn't check in here today.....SO glad I did!  WOW!    Just WOW!

Love all these.  Beautiful Heron plumage.

So sorry...I meant to say...Great White Egret!!!!  duhhhhh

Feel better, egrets are under the heading of herons : )

"The herons are long-legged freshwater and coastal birds in the family Ardeidae. There are 64 recognised species in this family. Some are called "egrets" or "bitterns" instead of "heron"."

My husband and I went birding today.  I even made a funny joke... I know since we are going birding that we are empty 'nesters'.  Hahahahha!  I crack myself up.

We went to a wetlands preserve in Playa del Rey, which is next door to LAX.  Then we went to have a latte in Marina del Rey, where we saw some pelicans and egrets.  Funny to see those birds at an urban place, not the preserve.  But best of all, we then went to our local Ralph's in Manhattan Beach, and I shot these in the parking lot.  Go figure.

Go figure indeed. Lovely.

Sounds like you had a lovely day. Love the 'nester humor. ;o)

We have an entire flock of those green parrots with the red heads that come through every afternoon and land in our huge oak tree.  They are all over the peninsula but I hear this loud squawking at the same time every afternoon and look up and there are about 30 in my tree!!! 

Here is an interesting website about the wild parrots in California, Nancie: http://www.californiaparrotproject.org/FAQ.html

Thank you for posting this article. It answered my questions after seeing your photos!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2014   Created by Adina P.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service