DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Everyone loves seeing before and afters. Me included! But I don't want this to be just a show and tell. My goal is that this is a place for us to learn. 

Editing is such a complex subject and we are all at such different levels of experience. I think it's best to learn by doing. So if you share and ask questions and are open to constructive criticism I think it could be a fun month!

This month's assignment: 
Show a before and after.

1. The before should be the straight out-of-camera, uncropped, unadjusted image.

2. The after is your final image.

3. Explain your process. PLEASE DON'T IGNORE THIS STEP.  If you had problems or are struggling with something, I will help you. If you want to share a tip that you use in editing all the time, or explain the process you go through, that's great and we can all learn.

Views: 601

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with DJ. Fudge is perfect. I don't think this photo will work unless you can pull the detail out of the white blanket. Did you shoot raw?  

If you are considering a reshoot I have suggestions.

Thanks, Nancy! No reshooting of this one. I admit defeat. I don't have it in me to do this one again. I already put everything away. The only other one I like is this one.

Fudge looks lovely. 
I did have a few ideas but every time I asked you said you were over it. And then I would see another attempt. Making this work would be doable. But I sense that this time you truly are over it. 

I went to a lecture by Saul Bass many many years ago. He was an icon in the field of graphic design and illustration. Someone in the audience asked him if after doing it for 40 years does it get easier. He said it never gets easier it just gets better.

LOL...this was a previous attempt before the one that pushed me over the edge. I am going to put it aside for awhile and come back to it. I need to put some distance between that pink hat and me :)

I promised the dogs we are walking this week without the camera. We all need a break! 

I did work on a shot that I took in March and I really like it, but I need to look at it again in the morning with fresh eyes.

Ok, we have taken a break from shooting on our walks and I ditched the pink hat on the bed. I did this one just for fun and for this assignment. 

I cropped, checked white balance, warmed Fudge just a bit. Brought it into Camera Raw filter and brightened, worked on shadows and highlights.

Love the bright colors and jaunty hat.

Thanks, F. I cropped a bit more.

Adorable.  Love the color combo and gaze.

Thanks, DJ!

The hat and the quilt are just perfect together. And Fudge is adorable as always. 

Thanks, Nancy!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2018   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service